PDO Mono Threads are a non-surgical alternative for skin lifting and collagen stimulation.
Mono threads (also called PDO threads - polydioxanone) are short biodegradable filament threads that are used to stimulate collagen and elastin production. They are inserted under the skin to help smooth and firm fine lines, wrinkles and crepey skin on the face and neck.
Mono threads are minimally invasive and ideal for those who want to rejuvenate the skin without adding volume or extra bulk.
Mono thread treatment may be combined with other skin treatments such as laser skin rejuvenation, chemical peels and needling and cosmetic injectable treatments such as anti-wrinkle injections and dermal filler, for a more complete rejuvenated result.
Mono threads are designed for smoothing and firming the skin. As the threads are smooth and don’t have any barbs or hooks, and placement is superficial under the skin, they are not suitable for lifting sagging skin.
Long threads, or thread lift, is the placement of threads that have multiple bars or notches on them, and are placed as such to provide very good lifting capacity.
After your treatment there will be some immediate improvement in the skin quality, but as mono threads are collagen stimulators, and the collagen cycle is around 100 days or so, the best results are gradual and can be seen over a period of 12-16 weeks.
Results last around 12-18months, though individual results may vary. Lifestyle factors such as weight loss and smoking, as well as continued Ageing may affect the longevity of the results.
Mono threads are ideal for:
Most people will experience minimal downtime after a mono thread treatment. Minor bruising, some localised swelling and irregularities in the skin are the most common side effects, and these usually last around 1-5 days.
We recommend coming in early for the application of topical anaesthetic gel. Throughout the treatment, you will feel minimum discomfort, only minor pin pricks and pressure as threads are positioned under the skin. Several threads are inserted into the superficial layers of the skin via a cannulated needle. The cannula needle is removed and the filament thread is left under the skin.
• Avoid Alcohol and smoking.
• Schedule procedure at least one week prior to a special occasion or event.
• Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medication (consult Doctor prior, if necessary).
• Avoid treatment if you have active infections in the treatment area.
• Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
• When applying makeup, do not use brushes/sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush/sponge.
• Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
• Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
• Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
• Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
• Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
• There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
• If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
• Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
• Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
• No dental surgery for four weeks.
• Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
• Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
Most concerns have more than one course of treatment. Feel free to contact us so one of our team can discuss options for your unique concern.